Can I Trust Shops with International Shipping?
Yes, many reputable shops offer worldwide shipping and are completely honest and genuine. Here are our tips to ensuring that your international shopping goes smoothly.
- Shop using a credit card, to ensure that you have extra protection should you enter a dispute or you are sold the wrong or faulty products.
- Pay using a third party payment provider such as PayPal.
- Read the shop reviews and buy from shops that are reputable and have good genuine user feedback from others
- Always check the shop's return and refund policies as well as their shipping times and costs before you purchase anything.
- Use a reputable freight forwarder if you are in doubt.
Will my Purchase be eligible for Import Duty?
There are several important things you will need to be aware of (according to the US Customs and Border Protection service) :
- If your shopping is valued at less than $2,000 and is not subject to a quota or is not a restricted or prohibited item, a CBP official will usually prepare the paperwork for importing it, assess the proper duty, and release it for delivery.
- If the value of your purchase(s) is less than $2500 and your goods are being shipped by mail or freight, they may, in most cases, be imported as an informal entry.
- Gifts worth up to $100 may be sent, free of duty and tax, to friends and relatives in the United States.
- Customs Duty may be waived for most goods entering the U.S. whose value is $200 or less.
Popular Online Shopping Information.
Shoppers from the USA like to buy UK and European fashion. Popular shops include Zara.com, ASOS.com, Boohoo.com, DorothyPerkins.com and TopShop.com, all which sell good and recent UK fashion, that celebrities such as Kate Middleton, Kate Moss, Cara Delevingne, Alexa Chung and Victoria Beckham shop with. Popular UK and European brands include Hermes, Burberry, Aquascutum, Louis Vuitton, H&M and Gucci. In the Health and Beauty product category L'Oreal is a popular brand with Shoppers from overseas.
Foreign Currency Exchange Rates.
$1 USD = £0.67 (British Pound)
$1 USD = EUR0.93 (Euro)
$1 USD = CNY6.2 (Chinese Yuan)
United States of America Online Cross Border Stats.
Online cross border shopping for shoppers in America is quite popular, according to a recent PayPal survey. 34.1 million US consumers did their online cross-border in 2013 and spent an estimated $US41 billion in 2013. This is set to increase to 41.8 million online cross-border shoppers spending an estimated $US80 billion by the year 2018.
Can I Join the Community?
MyInternationalShopping.com is a great place to find out more about worldwide shopping from online overseas website and shops. You can:
- Leave a review for any shops you have used.
- Chat with other like minded shoppers in the forum.
- Sign up to our email newsletter for American shoppers.
- Earn reward points for taking part.