You are shopping online with your debit card, you have money on the card, your balance is in surplus but, when you go through checkout the transaction is declined? I have money in my account but it declines. Why?!
8 reasons why you are declined
Well, there are lots of reasons why a debit card is declined including:
- The debit card was not properly activated.
- You have reached your daily spending limit.
- The account has insufficient funds.
- The card has expired.
- Incorrect personal information was entered when setting up the account.
- The bank has flagged the transaction as suspicious.
- The card issuer has blocked the card for security reasons.
- The card has been reported lost or stolen.
Can my debit card be declined at an ATM?
Yes, your debit card can be declined at an ATM. This could be due to insufficient funds in your account, the card being expired or blocked, incorrect PIN number being entered, the card being reported lost or stolen, or the bank flagging the transaction as suspicious.
Who should I speak with if my debit card keeps getting declined?
If your debit card keeps getting declined, you should contact the customer service team of your card issuer. They will be able to provide more information about why your card is being declined and what steps you can take to resolve the issue.
Check with your card issuer about your daily spend limit, you may have to have this increased, or you may need to deposit more money on your card.
How do I unblock my debit card?
To unblock your debit card, you will need to contact the customer service team of your card issuer. They will be able to provide more information on why your card was blocked and what steps you need to take to unblock it.